HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Lennox Elite 10: The top of the unit (fan) was covered with…

Customer Question
Lennox Elite 10: The...

Lennox Elite 10: The top of the unit (fan) was covered with a heavy object and was not first switched off from the thermostat and now only the fan circulates and no cold air.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The filters inside the house are clean. The thermo settings are perfect.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends what it entails.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

This happened once before and the technician had only to do something small to get it working again that is at the unit itself.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/19/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there is most likely a resettable high limit switch inside that unit with the fan on top, look for it, it has a tiny red button on it in most cases that you can press to reset the unit.

If you have the full model number of the outside unit, I can usually pull a manual on it and point that high pressure switch to you.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.