HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I would like to reuse R-22 Freon from a clients existing system to use on another one of his R-22 units.
The tank has been inside the property acclimating for over 48 hours
I’m guessing my the readings on my gauges that I should NOT try to reuse the gas.
3/19/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello again, you probably have the R22 mixed with some other refrigerant such as R12 , R134a, or one of its replacements, if that is the case you cannot reuse that refrigerant

.

Its time to rate my input for the day, that gets me paid, locate the "finish and rate your expert" link near the top of the page and click on it. I will appreciate that very much.

I am in every day from 9 am to 11 pm west coast USA time to do any follow up needed.
That was a fresh reclamation tank and it ONLY had the Freon from one job in it. It was not mixed with anything else

Thanks, ***** ***** case the quantity of R22 in the tank was not enough to run the pressure up to the chart listed 'saturation' temperature OR the tank was much colder than then 58F your IR gun shows...OR your gauge reading is bad for one reason or the other.

I suspect an empty tank with just a few ounces or pounds of R22 in it... if you evacuated the tank before recovering R22 into it, you can re-use the R22

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer