HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Will this gauge set work on home hvac heat pump system? see…

will this gauge set work...
will this gauge set work on home hvac heat pump system?
see pictures
20180318_233752608_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180318_233736203_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180318_233643902_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180318_233635151_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180318_233630854_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180318_233547735_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180318_233538029_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg
3/19/2018
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. the gauges will work but the end of the hoses have automotive fittings on them. if they are removable and the connector on the hose is a 1/4" flare then they will work.

look at these pics with automotive ends off
20180319_000609823_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180319_000627549_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180319_000618697_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg20180319_000609823_iOS.jpg2018031...jpg

yes those look like 1/4 flare ends so it will work with air conditioning systems.

the gauges will read pressure with the valves open or close however when they are open it allows the refrigerant to flow to the center hose so they should remain closed until the center hose is used. the ports on the back of the manifold are only for holding the end of the hoses. they are just solid brass and not piped to anything. the straight end of the hoses attach to the bottom ports and the angled end attaches to the system or back of the manifold for storage.

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician