HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an EG-30Weil+McLain boiler, the water glass has no…

Good afternoon Contractor's Assistant:...

Good afternoon

Contractor's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I have an EG-30Weil+McLain boiler

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The water glass has no water in it how do I add water?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes i just need to add water

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

How do I add water it it?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

I need pictures of the piping around the boiler.

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I need pics of the piping not the rating tag.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
first one was a pic of the model number

You already gave me that. It has nothing to do with adding water. Piping pictures please

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
did you get the pic the the pipes?

no

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is not letting me send
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it sent the reformatted one

That's not the piping. You already said the sight glass was empty.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
which of those valves do I open to add water?
Does the boiler need to be off?

Nothing you've shown me is where you add water. Let's try something else. Locate the small water feed line, most likely 1/2" copper. Do you see any closed shut offs on it? any valves at all near the boiler on the water line?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is not helping.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I thought I will send you the model and you will give me nstructions

I'm completely blind here. Unless you can provide pictures I have no idea how your boiler is piped. Every boiler is different. I just gave you the only instructions I can with no pictures of the piping.

Looks like you're in the right area. Do you have more than 1 boiler? What I can see is for a hot water not a steam boiler. But the bottom right of the picture looks promising but it's too dark. I can't see. Show me the area around that black box with the red display.
I only answer questions I ave nothing to do with how the sight functions

Looks like it does. That control box is the feeder. Give me a few to look up this model

Try the black button top left side. When you push it do you hear water running?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
which black botton?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i hear water runnig
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do I keep pressing it until water comes in the glass?

Ok, let it run until the glass is 1/2 to 2/3's full. Be sure both valves at the top and bottom of the glass are open (handle turned all the way counter clockwise.).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
done

Ok, do you have more questions?

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor