HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I'm getting an error on my Nest Thermostat, No Power to RH…

Customer Question
I'm getting an error...

I'm getting an error on my Nest Thermostat, No Power to RH wire, E24. The heat will not turn on and now the fan is running and I cannot shut it off. Wondering how to get it to shut off.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It won't let me go to any settings, just the error tech info. Did not check filters.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
HVAC Technician: Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. is the thermostat newly installed or has it been working and now it has stoped working?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has been working for about a year now, and just stopped this morning.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went through the troubleshooting on Nest site, but still not working. I removed the AC wire, but the fan is still running and the thermostat has the same error.

ok if you a voltmeter the next step will be to remove the thermostat from the sub-base and test for voltage at the wires on the wall. then the next step will be to troubleshoot the equipment it is connected to. i would need to know what unit you have and the model number to give you specific instructions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I do not have that. Will I need to call someone out to fix this?

what is the model number of your furnace?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
CK68BXT048021AAAA

what is the brand? is it oil or gas?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bryant Gas

that number is ***** a model number for a bryant furnace. it should begin with 2 numbers. since the fan on it is running all the time that means a safety limit in the furnace has tripped. or there is a problem with the thermostat. to rule out the thermostat remove it from the sub base if the fan is still running then the problem is in the furnace.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
310JAV048090ACJA
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I removed the thermostat, and the fan still stays on. I turned off the furnace at breaker and the fan has shut off

ok the next step will be to remove the front cover of the furnace and then in the lower compartment is a circuit board with an led light. if there is an error that light will be flashing a code. count how many times it flashes fast and slow

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not see a light
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to send a pic but it will not allow. Can I email it to you?
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer