HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have 11 red flashes on my furnace. What does this mean?

Customer Question
Thanks....
I have 11 red flashes on my furnace. What does this mean? Thanks.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/18/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 5 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the full model number of the furnace to pull the flash codes on it, sometimes there is a sticker on the furnaces blower access panel, outside or inside, with those codes.

.

About the codes generally, they are very very useful... about 30% of the time, the other 70% of the time ... not so much, for instance a bad printed circuit board will put out bogus error codes.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.