HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a Honeywell residential HVAC damper and thermostat.

Customer Question
Have a Honeywell residential...

Have a Honeywell residential HVAC damper and thermostat. Controls each floor in 3 story house. 3 rd floor now is 80 Degussa while rest of house 1st and 2nd are 70 deg

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Specific to thermostat. 2 units in house one controls 1st floor and other controls 2 floors

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Just trying to figure out reason 3 rd floor is 10 degrees warmer

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/18/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there can be many causes, usually its not enough air flow to the upper floor, Compare the air flow out of each vent on each floor and tell me if the upper floor is getting air flow but maybe about half as much as the other floors, use a thin strip of tissue as an air flow gauge of sorts.

Tell me where the air handler(s)/ furnace(s) are located.. that will tell me a lot about the potential problems

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.