HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have installed a new boiler grandly oil fired and customer…

Customer Question
I have installed a...

I have installed a new boiler grandly oil fired and customer has an ecoboo thermostat. The boiler control relay is the digital L7422u. I need a common.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I just need the ecoboo to work with the boiler control relay.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am with Cj nickers heating in Victoria bc

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, click here for the current manual on that control please

I am not sure if this is the replacement for the L7422u you have, tell me if the wiring diagram is the same or similar please, and tell me please if you mean Ecobee thermostat not ecoboo.

If your L7422u has a low voltage circuit that shows a low voltage thermostat connection, it will generally have a 24vac transformer inside, on the low voltage side one of the terminals goes to R on the ecobee, and the other goes to C on the ecobee, then the W terminal sends power to the boiler firing controls.

,

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the cover of the L7442u that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.