HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rth6350d thermostat and ordered new one from amazon…

Customer Question
I have a rth6350d...

I have a rth6350d thermostat and ordered new one from amazon the exact number but when i put in in heat i don't see em heat but manuel says it is for heat pumps , will thin replace it right?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Settings are fine I just don't see em heat if I go through system set up to change from heat to cool

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That is it, when I put the origonal on several years ago you had to program that part of it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

hello,

did you program in the set up for heat pump with back up?

see programming in this manual HERE

In regards ***** ***** it will work. It will but not the same as the original. The new one is kind of a "fits all". You cannot turn just to emer heat like a thermostat that has a button just for that .