HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a general question about adding a C wire to my Taco…

Customer Question
Have a general question...

Have a general question about adding a C wire to my Taco SR503 Switch relay. I have the proper wiring already ran to and from the thermostat/switch relay

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I just need to know where I can pull the 24V constant power to my WiFi enabled thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope. Just this project is only a 3 wire job. Red, White that go to the Thermostat pins, and need to confirm where the common wire can get power.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
3/17/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Looking at the schematic for the 503 you have terminals R W C. Use C terminal for the common for your WiFi thermostat.

gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician