HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A GE MODEL #AJCS06LCBM1 THROUGH THE WALL A/C X UNIT…

Customer Question
I HAVE A GE...

I HAVE A GE MODEL #AJCS06LCBM1 THROUGH THE WALL A/C X UNIT THAT HAS GONE BAD. DO YOU HAVE A MODEL THAT WOULD FIT THE OPENING IN MY WALL? OPENING IS 15 3/4" X 26".

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

8 TO 10 YEARS OLD. EXACT MODEL NUMBER IS *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

TES YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WOULD LIKE TO FIND A UNIT THAT WOULD FIT THE SAME OPENING

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/16/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Depending on the voltage (110v or 230v) the standard size now is 15" x 25" and usually comes with a trim kit for larger cans that the unit slides into. 110v is 12,00BTU's and 230v is 14,000BTU's. The other option if you do not want the trim kit is to buy the can and change it out, then do some minor drywall and stucco patching.

Concert wall.
What are the model numbers?

Here is a link as an example of the unit and size. I do know Artic King makes the sizes I mentioned as I can get those from my supplier anytime.

https://www.ventingdirect.com/arctic-king-mwduw2-12crn1-mci7-12-000-btu-230v-through-the-wall-air-conditioner/p2672896

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on March 16, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello...

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello… I am sorry to keep bothering you however this question has been open for so long yet remains incomplete due to no action or responses received from you to indicate this matter has been resolved. The question can be closed out by either letting me know through this email that you are no longer in need of assistance, or by completing the 5 Star Rating. I thank you for supporting this request.

Best,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question, however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I initially provided was helpful, or if you still require additional assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** That way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

You can also complete the 5 Star Rating portion which will automatically close out this question.

Thank you very much,

Dave