HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

In atemting to heat the hot water tak the furnce flames up…

Customer Question
In atemting to heat...

In atemting to heat the hot water tak the furnce flames up as normal but only stays lit for about 15 seconds then shuts down. this can be repeated time after time?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Have not changed the settings, did not know there where filters. where are they on XEB-4, Ser ####-##-####

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It worked as normal as of this morning. Checked propane level, tank is 3/4

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What is my wait time?
going to sleep soon
3/16/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Do you still need help? If so does this only happen when heating DHW not for central/space heat?

All boiler activity
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 3 months ago

Try cleaning off the pilot electrode with fine sandpaper. The electrode doubles as a flame sensor.