HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an intermittent lockout code on my Trane XL80. If I…

Customer Question
I have an intermittent...

I have an intermittent lockout code on my Trane XL80. If I cycle power, the problem goes away. So I am trying to see if I find anything in your forum

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few days. After recycling the power, the unit runs for a day or so without any issues, then goes into lock out.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The termostat is fairly new, and I just replaced the filter. I get the 2 red flashes after I notice the heat not working.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That was the plan. I replaced the control module last year and the combustion air blower the year before that.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have the blower running all the time, and the system is almost 25 years old. I found some comments on cleaning the sensor.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/16/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then look in blower compartment and see if there is an error light blinking that will guide us in determining what is failing with the furnace.(Note) if no peep hole and you have to remove blower panel to see control board, it will be necessary to hold door switch in to have power to board)

Model number TUD100B948-0
I only occassionaly get the 2 red flashes when the system stops working. Any time I look at the system it seems to be working normally.
I installed a 50E47-843 control a little over a year ago.

OK that is indeed just a lockout code saying it attempted several times to stay on.We are not getting a pressure switch or limit code so I would start by cleaning the flame sensor.Below is a generic video that will give you an idea how to do,

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwR9qL4lnk