HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have 3 ton package unit which I use for a mobile home

Customer Question
I have 3 ton coleman...
I have 3 ton coleman package unit which I use for a mobile home unit. I have been having numerous issues with the unit going into a blower fan only state with no compressor and no condensor fan operating.I have had to shut down the power to the unit and then restore it to get it to restart and function correctly.
The unit has a control board which is sgiving me a 10 flash error code.I cannot find any info on these codes and coleman customer support is giving me no help either.I have already replaced the dual capacitor to elimnate that possibility but am still having the issue.
i simply need to know what the error code #10 is indicating.
My unit model number is ***** made by coleman
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/15/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Not finding an error code chart for this unit. Is the code only present when the blower is turning or does it still flash when off? Many of these units with variable speed motors have a cfm light that flashes 1 blink for every 100 cfms of air we are moving.

it blinks all the time. Also there is an intermittant rapid flashing for about two to three seconds

Are you saying that thermostat is set lower than room temp and should be on, but only the fan is coming on?

OK first step is to verify 24vac between Y and C on control board

the code is from a green light but I will need to go to the unit and open it first to verify if it is a has a cfm label

Look at the board and see if it says cfm and looks like the image I sent. I do not think you have an error light.THat just indicates the cfms of air.

ok Ill get back with you in a few minutes
ok my meter says 27.5
actually y and c have nothing
y to r have voltage

WE have to have 24 between Y and C to close contactor.

R is the hot leg from transformer. goes to R at thermostat and when thermostat calls for heat, the circuit between R and Y close sending the 24v hot to the board at Y.So in essence R and Y are same leg.Should be O voltage from Y to R

ok that is what we have
24 v when off and zero when unit is operating