HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Goodman heating system and it is not heating

I have a Goodman...

I have a Goodman heating system and it is not heating properly. The burner starts for about 3 seconds and then it goes off. The blower keeps blowing air, but not warm enough. Any ideas what it could be?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The thermostat's is ok. I even install another one and it is doing the same. The thermostat's been working ok for quite a while. The filter is ok...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am a computer programmer, so if necesary I could replace the circuit board .... I see it is a carbide whilete-rodgers....

3/15/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the model of your unit? What is the LED flash sequence on the board?

Led flash on the board is solid Red. Where do I find the model No.? The unit is a Goodman unit, board says carbide white-Roadgers. It looks like this one, https://www.ebay.ca/i/282760672003?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Model is on the rating tag inside the burner compartment.

The model is GK90703BXAC.

Goodman model numbers start with at least 3 letters. I'll assume it's a GKS. First thing to try is to clean off the flame sensor rod with steel wool or a green ScotchBrite pad (fine sandpaper in a pinch). It's positioned in the burner array, has 1 lead and looks similar to the attached pic (probably not bent. Clean it off, put it back then power the unit back up and tell me what happens.

It looks like it working fine now.... I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks a lot. Carlos.

You're welcome. I'd appreciate a favorable rating

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor