HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a trane that was installed in july 2017. I smell

Customer Question
I have a trane...

I have a trane that was installed in july 2017. I smell exhaust fumes very badly but a tech can not smell it. My house is very tight with a dehumifier right next to the unit under the house. I just do not know who to call since the installer can not or will not help me.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

I have been putting new filter almost very day. The thermostat is another problem I have. It was put on the wrong settings from day one and I do not know how to correct.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I just do not know who to call.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I am aware of at this time.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/14/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

You might try calling Trane directly at(###) ###-####and let them know the issues you are having.They might can have a chat with the installer and get you some action or provide you with a dealer who will help you. Another avenue is to contact the local inspection department and or state heating and ac board and file a complaint.Those will often get a fire built under the installing contractor's ass to take care of you.On a side note, if you mention intent to contact state hvac board and file a complaint often is all that is needed.