HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Put on new thermostat but it will only blow cold air. Triple…

Customer Question
Put on new thermostat...

Put on new thermostat but it will only blow cold air

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Triple checked settings. Filters new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have to. My husband abandoned me and kids. I am disabled with no income.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know. I am just ready to give up at this point. Just spent 5 days in hospital with pneumonia. Now 2 and 4 year old sick

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/14/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. If this a heat pump. You will need to program for heat pump and reversing valve. If you have a Rheem Ruud or Weathering unit you will have to change the option on reversing valve. Give me model number of thermostat and the type system you have and I can help. A picture of the wiring on thermostat would help. Russ