HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We purchased a Maytag AC unit 4 years ago and we just had…

Customer Question
We purchased a Maytag...

We purchased a Maytag AC unit 4 years ago and we just had the repairman replace the Nordyne X13 blower motor. Really????? Per the repairman, he has to replace them ALL the time!!!! What is the issue with these motors?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a minute...

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

PPA2RFX36KA

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, the repairman replaced it. What I am asking is why a motor would fail this soon and it seems to be commonplace.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/12/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Here is a technical explanation of X13 failior causes

http://www.greenheck.com/library/articles/58