HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Im trying to hook up a new honeywell thermostat and the

Customer Question
Im trying to hook...

Im trying to hook up a new honeywell thermostat and the wiring isnt matchng up with whats in the instructions

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The hvac system was workin fine... the thermostat wasnt reading the right temps so we are changing it

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ive already removed the old thermostat, and have the new one ready to go on.... im a pretty mechanicaly inclined person... im a certfied harley tech, i work on things like this every day..... i just dont know anything abot hvac

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The wire colors that the thermostat call for are in this order... blue, orange, green, yellow, white, not used, r ( im guessing red), and rc which i have no clue..... and the wires that i have coming through the was are.... blue, orange, green, white w/yellow, white w/green, and w/blue.... why the hell do i have to pay $5????wtf

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/12/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. On the old thermostat what was connected to R connection. Russ