HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have the 4 flashes on my goodman can i reset the open

I have the 4...

I have the 4 flashes on my goodman can i reset the open switch or should i buy a new one

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

1 day

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I did install a new ignitor before i saw the 4 lights

i'm waiting for your answer
are you there?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i'm confused what service offer? i asked a question and signed up
3/12/2018
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

I am sorry for the delay. On the front wall of the furnace behind the gas valve is a flat plate the size of a credit card. Do you see this flat plate? It has 2 wires attached to it

I will look at it be back in 2 minutes

standing by. If you have a model number or can post a pic of the furnace here with top door off I can direct

OK I see it

turn power off and tap that plate 3-4 times...turn power on and tell me if still 4 blinks

any luck?

I sent part number

did you tap the plate?

not yet i will now

thanks, ***** ***** dirty? Is the blower running that pushes air out the registers?

Tapped the plate and everything seems to be working now. Thank you for your help.

great!

Just rate service with the star system to close.

Thank you!

Billy

you are great but i'll be monitoring the furnace should i get a back up limit or should the furnace be well for awhile
are you still there

The limit under normal conditions opens when too hot..like a dirty filter. Once cooled it closes. BUT, like with yours they can stick open. By tapping we just coaxed it to close and return to normal.

The unit will operate just fine but if it gets too hot and opens again it could possibly do the same thing.

You can replace it to have a new switch that will not stick open

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
again thank you for your advice and expertise have a great life thanx

you are very welcome. If you have any more issues return to this thread for follow up

Billy

Part number is ***** 612722 A1112, L220-40F