HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Hvac on a Goodman two stage furnace on propane I in

Customer Question
installed the Lp kit I...
Hvac on a Goodman two stage furnace on propane I in installed the Lp kit I have 13 inches on supply propane low I can get 6 inches but on high I can't adjust over 7 And I need 10 I used the red springs supplied and in another kit was 1 white spring tried it on the high side and I can't get 10 on high fire what am I doing wrong
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
I also installed supplied orfices
3/12/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here .. Did you change the orifices on the burners. Russ

I did

What was the number of kit.Russ

Checking the LP kit . Red springs are used.Make sure your incoming pressure does not drop when you try to adjust high fire. Russ

It didn't appear to deviate
the board did say hi and low on the led read it

Did you run the red spring on all the way down and back off 1 1/2 turns. The adjust. Russ

I ran it down per instruction all the way down then started to adjust and then realized I could not raise the pressure to ten by adjusting it the low fire adjusted fine.

Can you give me number of gas valve please. Russ

it will probably tomorrow though

Ok just want to check specs on that valve. Are you sure its going to high fire. Russ

u can watch the led on the board it starts on lo then hi and you can hear an sound change and flame change and when it's on hi you adjust high fire pressure it changes just won't get to ten

Need model number of valve please.

I will get it

Ok.

It's a gmvc 96080 valve is a white rogers 36J54-238 White Rogers LP Kit 92-1008

LPM-08 is the Kit recommended by Goodman. Are you at a high altitude above 7000 feet. Russ

No we are in Kansas City MO.

OK. I am going to opt out for another Expert. Never had that problem before. I will open it up to others.

I did only replace the springs on the valve and I reused the adjustment plugs since they nice dimple for the spring to set and center on I did try the black adjusting plug but same result no rise in pressure to the target level
also the replaced the orfice should be in the paragraph sorry big fingers on the send button