HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I ran out of heating oil and I put a few gallons of

Customer Question
Hi, I ran out...

Hi, I ran out of heating oil and I put a few gallons of emergency oil in and I am trying to get my system to restart

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Therm is on heat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to being so late at night and It’s rather cold out

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have hit the reset button on the system and it runs for a few seconds then it shuts off and light flashes. I assume there is no flame

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/11/2018
HVAC Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ........unfortunately what is happening is you ran the oil tank down to the bottom you picked up all kinds of sludge and it has clogged the fuel filter ...........that is why it is stopping.......if you have a service contract they need to clean or change that and clear the line so it will flow again.............please let me know

Thanks

eddie

I hope you have found my answers insightful, with content to your satisfaction and would consider a 5 star rating…….my goal is to give you the best experience with Just Answer as possible.… by your rating it would be the only way I can be compensated in facilitating your inquiry.........a deposit for a subscription was made by you but no payment will be forthcoming unless I am rated…..positive feedback and bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated......and I thank you

eddie

I trust this held substantial meaning for you ....got you out of your difficulty and would consider a 5 STAR rating so I can receive credit for my help. I'm proud of the work I do here and the positive ratings given by clients like you! If you do need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thanks

eddie