HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a question about new air conditioning, solar panels.

Customer Question
I live in San Diego...
I have a question about new air conditioning, solar panels. I live in San Diego County, east of the city itself, and about 10-12 miles from the ocean. We receive a lot of sunny days and during the summers, it is often in the 90s and can go above 100. My central a/c and heating is original to the house circa 1968. The a/c is not working, and I have installed window a/c units in the 3 bedrooms. The rest of the house is not cooled and we use a couple of space heaters, when needed in the winter. In addition, my water heater was installed in 1978 (and is 40 years old). I am anxious now to have it replaced before something very bad happens. The house has 4 adults, 3 showers, washer dryer, dishwasher. can you advise, or refer me to someone reliable who can advise me on how best to make decisions on these repairs, any critical timing issues, e.g. state and federal credits or other cost deferment programs? I currently have a medical necessity discount on my electric bill. It runs a low of under $100 on electric in the spring and fall, with $200-300 in the hottest summer months. Neighbors in my area have $300-400+ electric bills for comparable homes and fully functioning HVAC. Thank you for your assistance Curtis
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/11/2018
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. I will need a ZIP code please.

Gree makes a mini split that runs off solar power. It come with panels. Install 3 of them and they work great. Free cooling. Russ

zip code is 91977.

Gladstone Heating and AC San Diego.(###) ###-####/p>