HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Just replace thermostate and now not working. Dont know

Just replace thermostate and...

Just replace thermostate and now not working

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Dont know

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
lennox furnace 80mgf series. no lights on circuit board. just replaced thermostate and now not working.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i think a couple thermostat wires crossed while putting the new one in.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i put the old one back in and still not working. took a picture of wires before i removed it so i could verify the were correct.
it was working before i started.
3/10/2018
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

Was power to furnace off when you swapped?

also disregard phone offers as that option is not currently available

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no

do you mind removing the doors off the furnace for me? We are going to see if we blew a small fuse in the blower section

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its off

Thank you..depending on the age of the furnace depends on where fuse is.

Can you take a pic of the bottom section and post here and I can circle fuse

downloading now just a moment

I am actually a bit confused as the diagram shows a fuse in the system but i do not see it in the transformer wiring. Can you please get a closer shot of the circuit board.

I apologize for the extra work and delay

ok I checked the series and this is one of the older units that did not incorporate a control voltage fuse.

See HERE

Check for 24v at the shown wires in pic. If no 24v then the transformer must be replaced which is about $20 on Amazon

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
power on the 110 side, nothing on the 24v side
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you saying to test each side with ground or the two 24v posts off of the transformer to each other?

put meter leads just to the 2 24v wires. Not to ground.

Without the fuse I am positive your transformer is defective

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help, the furnace is all fixed.
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech