HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Breckwell P 23. We had a power outage so I hooked…

Customer Question
I have a Breckwell...

I have a Breckwell P 23. We had a power outage so I hooked the stove to my generator. I heard a pop and smelled a slight electrical electrical smoke. No visible smoke and it blew the fuse on the control board. When the power came on I replaced the fuse and plugged it in. Another snap and the fuse blew. Do I have a bad control board now.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Yes it was off all night. I just replaced the fuse and plugged it in and snap.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am wondering if the control board has gone bad because of the power from the generator.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/10/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

Most likely the circuit board received a higher amount of voltage or amperage and didn't like it causing it to overload and possibly get damaged. Before plugging anything into that generator you might have it checked out for the voltage output. Normally a slightly higher voltage may not damage some appliances, more sensitive ones (like electronic circuit boards) get damaged.

I am trying to use my house power now that the power is back on.

You can try it and see, however there may be internal damage on the circuitry within the board that prevents proper operation. Hopefully it was just a fuse and nothing more.

I did see replacement boards for around $175 depending on your model.

Do you remember where you saw them

Here are the links...

https://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/breckwell-pellet-parts/

https://a1stoves.com/the-sonora-p23-c-8_11_111.html

Just following up as to whether this information was helpful in answering your question, or do you still need assistance? Please let me know by replying in the box below.

Thanks

Dave

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I am, I paid $5 to talk with you but you want more money. This is a scam and I am not done. I will be talking to the Attorney Generals office,

I am sorry you feel this way, please note I am merely a hired expert and have nothing to do with any fees Just Answer has charged you. If you would like my assistance I will be happy to try and help, otherwise you can contact customer service for a credit or refund, as I have nothing to do with financial issues.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

I do apologize for these continuing follow-up messages, however since this question remains open and will only close out once the rating portion has been completed by you. Please assist me by taking a few moments to fulfill the rating requirement and this will satisfy the system.

Thank you so much, I sincerely ***** *****

Best,

Dave