HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I’ve got an old, reliable V-14A-T boiler, it still works…

I’ve got an old...

I’ve got an old, reliable V-14A-T boiler, it still works great!

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Im in the northeast and am getting a portable generator, and need to know what the running amps used by my old, reliable Burnham boiler, V-14A-T . Can you please tell me what running amps are so I can make sure the generator I get will run the boiler comfortably?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I may hire an electrician for a transfer switch, but I’ll get the portable generator myself

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just let me know how many wats I need my generator to have to run the boiler & keep my wife warm!

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Besides the burner you also have at least 1 circulator/pump (maybe more). I need to know how many pumps you have?

1 circular pump

Ok, back in a few once I do some research.

Burner and pump together draw 800 watts.

Thank you, ***** ***** great!!!!

You're welcome

I'd appreciate a favorable rating

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor