HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My luxpro thermostat has a line connected to E port without…

Customer Question
My luxpro thermostat has...

My luxpro thermostat has a brown line connected to E port without a C wire. My new Sensi thermostat needs to be installed. It has a W/E port and a C port. Do the brown line from the E port has to go to W/E of the Sensi and how can I get the 24Vac for the C line?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I am very handy. I don’t think it is a big problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have No further questions

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 5 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

The Sensi actually does not have to use the C. It is an option.

Do you have any unused wires in the thermostat wire cable?

also disregard computer generated phone offer as it is not currently available.

I have two unused wire a black and a green

Great...

I would put the brown in W/E

And...if you have access to the furnace....put the black wire on C in the thermostat and then on C in the furnace. If you need locating this let me know.

I have the Sensi also and hooked up the C this way.

if your expert cannot help me now please don’t charge me. Otherwise my bank would force you to pay me back.

you answer was posted 10 minutes ago

see below

Great... I would put the brown in W/EAnd...if you have access to the furnace....put the black wire on C in the thermostat and then on C in the furnace. If you need locating this let me know. I have the Sensi also and hooked up the C this way.