HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a single story building that is 6500sqft and am

Customer Question
I have a single...

I have a single story building that is 6500sqft and am putting TSA090S4S-230-3 in for heating and cooling. Will that do the job?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Are u a robot?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Have a contractor

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/9/2018
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 4 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Actually it seems a bit short to me. Was there a load calculation done for this building?

Unless the building is totally state of the art insulated and in a mid climate....it seems about 3 tons short.

This is a 7.5 ton unit. The avg would be closer to a 10 ton.

Billy

My average winter temp is 34 and summer temp 65. We get 160 inches of rain fall a year. The building is a metal building with metal roof. It is well insulated but not state of the art.
What would you do?

Thank you,

The reason I mention "load"...is the building retail, warehouse? manufacturing?

Any heat equipment, number of people, fresh air requirements?

There is a calculation done depending on use and layout which determines hvac size.

6500 sq ft of warehouse compared to office space for example. If you can tell me more about use, people count etc?