HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a tankless water heater. Mater control is show code 4…

Customer Question
I have a tankless...

I have a tankless water heater. Mater control is show code 4 H. What does that mean? I am a widow of 2 years and cannot find the manual

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Well my tankless started acting up when we need to run the water as it was well below freezing. roughly about a month. the codes are 4 H and P 1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
3/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of your unit?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rheem UMC117

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

The UMC 117 is the model number for the remote, the P1 error code is a low pressure detection message, that might be corrected if the pressure or flow rate is increased. The 4H code is a mystery and it may be specific to the remote in support of the P1 error. I recommend if you are not able to inspect and troubleshoot the water heater any further to contact a qualified service provider to diagnose and repair worn or faulty parts as these water heater are very complex systems.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank You

Did you need help locating someone or do you already have a service tech?

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 30 days ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 20 days ago

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor