HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Cannot get heat to work on thermostat. Trying to take off…

Hi. Cannot get heat...

Hi. Cannot get heat to work on thermostat. Trying to take off program, have pressed hold and it’s not overriding at all. 6000 7 day programmable. My name is*****: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It’s just thermostat we can’t adjust

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No he’d like to talk to someone,because all instructions we’ve read do not work

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, most thermostats can be gently pried off of their wall mount sub bases, if you can do that tell me which color of thermostat wire is connected to each lettered terminal on the wall mounted sub base, we can go from there.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Phone call session started

Hello again, I tried to call but got your call answering service, we can continue here, tell me when you have disconnected the answering service and I will call again

It was good talking to you on the phone, if the furnace did not start when you connected R to W at the thermostat sub base, the problem is with the furnace.

Stay in touch as needed at no additional charge

Please cancel our service completely and refund as much as possible. Technician was horrible on phone!