HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Moved into a new ( pre-owned ) home and the Avalon fire

Customer Question
Moved into a new...

Moved into a new ( pre-owned ) home and the Avalon fire place was not working. Found the pilot light off. when it was turned on by the heating tech the fire place now works but will not shut off. The White-Rodgers thermostat control looks to have a magnetic switch in it but no on or off function.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I tried different settings and I don't know what filters you are talking about to regulate the flame of the fire.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Do not know yet.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't know what else to tell you except the fireplace will not go out!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 4 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the model number of the fireplace? is the pilot lit all the time? how do control it? a switch? a thermostat?