HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace runs when cycle complete wont come back on unless…

Customer Question
Furnace runs when cycle...

Furnace runs when cycle complete wont come back on unless power is turned off then back on

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes clean

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, it is most likely the case that the furnace is tripping its *high limit safety cut out switch* about the same time that the thermostat is satisfied. That will cause this problem.

.

Cause is usually a dirty air filter, OR on older furnaces a clogged blower wheel and cooling coil...OR a bad high limit switch. Or anything that limits air flow through the furnace

.

We can go from here without a time limit.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.