HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Model 925SA42060E17A- Furnace and a programable…

Customer Question
I have a Bryant...

I have a Bryant Model 925SA42060E17A-B Furnace and a programable thermostat set in manual mode. The target temp is 71 but the furnace will only run one cycle then it stops.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Something with the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have switched back and forth from manual to automatic, but there appears to be no difference

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
I have a Filtrete 3M-50 Programmable Thermostat. It is set in manual mode right now.
It has worker fine in the past. This is a new home and I have only been here for 1 month.
I can get two or three heat cycles to run, but then the it stops cycling.
3/9/2018
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

Hell, I am sorry for the delay.

Does the furnace diagnostic light code a fault when this happens?

The light is flashes, but i do not know what it means.
Is there something I can check first?
the indicator light is solid.

The light solid is normal..once a failure the light blinks a code. This code is on a legend of the back of the bottom door

it is repeating three short and one long flash.

Than k you, and while it does this...is the exhaust fan running?

I tightened all of the leads for the thermostat and the furnace has been running for the past hour. I hope that was all it was.
The exhaust fan runs.

31 is commonly an obstruction in vent pipe....there are 2..one draws air in and one blows out. The air drawing in can get debris or leaves, rodents etc...also the drain can get plugged requiring a shop vacuum to purge water out of furnace.