HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a rheem 80 super quiet furnace and noticed that there…

I have a rheem...

I have a rheem 80 super quiet furnace and noticed that there was no heat this morning .this has happened before and they replaced the flame sensor.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I cleaned the flame sensor with steel wool, but it shut down again. Also there are 2 green lights when the furnace is properly working. now the left one blinks and you have to turn off and on again for it to run. I believe there is another type sensor on the left side of this furnace they cleaned?? Can you help.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do. I am not happy with the company that sold me this unit.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can it be I did not clean the flame sensor properly?? I think I did . I do have a spare that looks clean, but I can not remember the name of that other sensor that I saw the repair man take out.

3/8/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

How many times does the LED blink before it pauses and repeats?

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
right now the unit is not running the right led is on, but the one next to it is constantly blinking. when this furnace is running properly bot lights stay solid green all the time. if i shut the unit off the unit will kick on and there will be heat for a shoirt time before it shuts down again.
Phone call session started
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor