HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am having problems with my lennox furnace. It had a dirty…

Hi, I am having problems...
Hi, I am having problems with my lennox furnace. It had a dirty filter and now I am getting limit switch on error code. I have tried turning power off and back on but am still getting error
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

I am very sorry for the delay. Do you still need assistance?

i will be back home in 20 min. Can i text you then

yes I will be online

I think I was able to reset it. The furnace is now on and seems to be working. Thanks.

Excellent news.

If it drops out again just let me know.

Bill

It actually just turned off again

is the light in bottom blinking a certain pattern? what is model number?

Lenox G60 UHV. Right light steady, left light blinking

start at page 59 HERE

tell me what you diagnostic matches up to

2.1

Has it actually run heat since you replaced filter?

No it hasn't

Ok on the front wall behind the gas valve....mounted flat against the wall is credit card sized flat plate with 2 wires attached, do you see this?

first turn power switch off.

Then tap that switch plate 3-4 times.

Turn power on...and tell me if same code

It went on. Now simultaneous fast flash
Just turned off. Same error code as before
You still with me?

yes....now remove those 2 wires and hook the wires directly together...totally bypassing the flat plate...tell me if ction

They are both in a plastic casing. Do I cut them out or how to i remove the wires?

just use a short wire or paperclip shaped in a U and insert the u shaped wire into the wire ends inside the plastic

OK i did that. When I turned it on it stared up again

so with the switch bypassed the furnace runs?

far it is running

Thank you, ***** ***** tripped and is no longer in calibration. Get the numbers from the limit plate and Google the part number. The limits are easy to find, easy to replace, and pretty affordable.

Change that limit plate out and you are back in bussiness.

Please rate service at top of page to close question

Thank you!

Thank you Bill. Is it safe to run the heat with the bypass until i get the new part?
Just shut down again. Same error code

I cannot tell you it is .

What I would do is to remove the part, heat with hair dryer on the sensor end ( you see this when you take it out) then put it in the freezer 10 min.

Remove and try it again. Sometimes this coaxes them closed. If that does not work replace it.

But I would keep an eye on it. The worst case = lets say by coincidence the blower motor failed...then furnace would over heat.

Did the jumper move or lose contact that shut down furnace?

Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician
I put the part in the freezer. I will see if that works. I will order a new part tomorrow.
Thanks