HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Need to replace entire AC system... recommendation was to go…

Customer Question
Need to replace entire...

Need to replace entire AC system... recommendation was to go with top of the line variable speed air handler and low end single stage compressor.... these components seem unmatched but cost efficient.. versus top of the line var speed air handler and top of the line variable speed compressor... what is best for someone in the northeast that really only uses AC for 3 months

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just want to choose the right equipment for our needs... this will replace a 20 year old system

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Also, how does one choose the right Brand. Carrier vs Bryant, American Standard vs Trane... also are aluminum fins not as good as the copper found in carrier/Bryant units?
3/8/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assit you

What is your budget? 40$ less / year with high end

Both will do fine, just effenciency is the isue,

$$$ But parts, long term is cheaper to repair with low end model

high end system is 14000, while high end air handler with low end compressor is 7500. Not sure $40 dollars per year makes up that Delta. Am I thinking about this correctly?