HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

NUGE075DH01. The flames on my furnace will start, but then…

Customer Question
Hi My name is*****...

Hi My name is*****: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

The flames on my furnace will start, but then they go out before the blower comes on, the process repeats itself continually

Contractor's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

This is using natural gas via pipeline

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a 52 second video showing this sequence I can send you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
HVAC Technician: Chris Wagner,
 replied 4 months ago
Chris Wagner

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your Furnace. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question. How long does the unit run for before the system cuts out?

About 20 seconds, then the green light flashes re-ignite the furnace jets for 20 seconds again , then shutdown and restart process runs endlessly
HVAC Technician: Chris Wagner,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok, the order of operation tells us several things. 1. Safeties are not tripped ( currently ), 2. The Inducer is running 3. Pilot/Igniter is activating. 4. Gas valve is turning on. While the run time is slightly longer than I would expect. I would check the Flame sensor first. As they get dirty they do not allow the board to sense the flame well

Ok, do you happen to know the part number for that?
HVAC Technician: Chris Wagner,
 replied 4 months ago

Unfortunately I am unable to pull up a parts list for that unit. You would have to contact your local supply house. Fortunately, they are all pretty much the same with exception of shape. Should look similar to the included picture. I would first try to remove it and clean it up. Might still be fine, just dirty.

HVAC Technician: Chris Wagner,
 replied 4 months ago

Found a part list, yours is actually a pilot assembly. The Flame sensor is built into the pilot. If you can get to it you can try to clean in place. If not the part number is(###) ###-####/p>

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/NUGE075DH01/0492/0912100.html?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=NUGE075DH01

Great thanks, ***** ***** with sears, but they don’t have it in stock . May try eleswhere
HVAC Technician: Chris Wagner,
 replied 4 months ago
Anytime. Glad i could assist. Did you try to clean it? Might get you through till you get a new one
I found other suppliers, may buy one but try cleaning the old one first, they are only around 26 dollars I guess
HVAC Technician: Chris Wagner,
 replied 4 months ago
fairly cheap parts. Got a love a cheap easy fix.