HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A OLDER REZNOR HEATER THE UNIT WILL COME AN THE

I HAVE...

I HAVE A OLDER REZNOR HEATER THE UNIT WILL COME AN THE BLOWER WILL BLOW AN THE BRUNER COME ON BUT IT CYCLE ON AN OFF AN THE UNIT NEVER START TO HEAT THENN THE UNIT WILL SHOT DOWN

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I HAVE THE THERMOSTAT ALL THE WAY UP I HAVENT CHECK THE FILTER I CHANGED THE FILTER LAST SEASON IT SOUND OR RUN LIKE ITS STARVING FOR FUEL

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES IF ITS SOMETHING THAT I THINK I CAN DO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

WHEN ITS TRYING TO RUN ITS SMOKE OFF AN ON REAL DAD

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if its a gas fired heater then the flame sensor rod is likely in need of cleaning, or the printed circuit board is bad, If its an OIL fired heater then it likely that the CAD cell is dirty or bad,

From the sound of it so far you have an oil burning heater that is badly carboned and needs extensive cleaning and service 4 hours work or more

Let me know about the fuel, and tell me if you think you can take the oil burner out, scrape the carbon from the inside of the fire box, then rebuild the oil burner or not.... If not tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest larger town or city and I will get you a short list of well rated service outfits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

THANKS. FOR. YOUR. HELP. CLOSE. THIS. ACCOUNT. OUT.

To close the question just select the 'finish and rate your expert' link near the top of your page and click on it... follow the prompts.

If you need any further help with the work, or in locating a qualified service person, just say so and I will fix you up, there is no additional charge.

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer