HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a new carrier infinity system. Just this morning I am…

Customer Question
Hello! I have...

Hello! I have a new carrier infinity system. Just this morning I am getting a system malfunction 179 outdoor unit communication fault. Tried turning the indoor system power off/on and the breaker but the code is still there.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Filters were changed last week! What should be checked with the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so - if its anything more than resetting I think we would need help with that

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Because this is a new home, the builder sent one of his "guys" to check out the problem. It sounds like the person who came didn't know what the actual issue was. He ended up turning off the AC condenser and then removing the ability to see the outside temperature from the console so that the system error would go away. Then said his boss would be back to check it out. Not having a lot of faith in this assessment/fix of the problem.
3/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is*****’m reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily."

It sounds like the outside PC board and Module plug on it. This tells the system what size unit it is. They do go bad. You can reset your self by turning the power off to the Air Handler (you said you have done this?). These system have 10 year warranty and if you still have a problem,you will have to replace the outside control board and module plug.

After you have check my reply out, do you have additional information that would help Clarify the problem, if so use the reply box below to add additional questions, comments, or would like to upload helpful photos.

Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician