HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Found my main breaker to my gas furnace. Thermo is

Customer Question
Found my main breaker...

Found my main breaker to my gas furnace blown. Thermo is completely blank after resetting breaker, Furnace wont come back on

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

Thermostat is completely blank (has no batteries) never checked the pilot

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes hopfully

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It appears there was a power outage or surge.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Things that can trip a 15 amp breaker on a gas furnace is a shorted main blower motor, shorted exhaust motor or a shorted wire to ground.

Also a shorted control board.

To locate short, requires a Ohm meter and some know how to use.

Tell me what are your skills for doing this?