HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an innovator series mod g32q3 that when heat is

I have an innovator...

I have an innovator series mod g32q3 that when heat is called for the exhaust fan starts, you hear a click, then it stops. it has the right light flashing slow (pressure switch open or open rollout switch circuit)

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes fresh filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/7/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the other LED doing? how long after the exhaust fan starts up before it shuts down?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the other led is off. it only takes about a second before you hear the click then the fan shuts down
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
keep typing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
waiting for an answer

Try jumping the R & W terminals on the furnace thermostat terminal strip. Then power it back up. Any change?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

Then you probably have a bad board.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What does it look like. Where is it located

The thermostat terminal strip is on the board

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K Thanks

You're welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How do you know that it's not the rollout switch?

You have to reset a rollout for the unit to start up and the unit would not start up if a rollout was tripped.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about the pressure switch?

Draft fan should run a lot longer than 1 second before it shuts down if it was an open draft switch. If the draft switch was stuck closed the fan should not run

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
K had to check. 280 for the part. Thanks

My pleasure

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor