HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an innovator series mod g32q3 that when heat is

I have an innovator...

I have an innovator series mod g32q3 that when heat is called for the exhaust fan starts, you hear a click, then it stops. it has the right light flashing slow (pressure switch open or open rollout switch circuit)

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes fresh filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/7/2018
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the other LED doing? how long after the exhaust fan starts up before it shuts down?

the other led is off. it only takes about a second before you hear the click then the fan shuts down
keep typing
waiting for an answer

Try jumping the R & W terminals on the furnace thermostat terminal strip. Then power it back up. Any change?

No

Then you probably have a bad board.

What does it look like. Where is it located

The thermostat terminal strip is on the board

K Thanks

You're welcome

How do you know that it's not the rollout switch?

You have to reset a rollout for the unit to start up and the unit would not start up if a rollout was tripped.

What about the pressure switch?

Draft fan should run a lot longer than 1 second before it shuts down if it was an open draft switch. If the draft switch was stuck closed the fan should not run

K had to check. 280 for the part. Thanks

My pleasure

Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor