HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I noticed that the fan was running continuously and only…

Customer Question
I noticed that the...

I noticed that the fan was running continuously and only providing cold air. LED flashed code 33. Checked and replaced filter. It still looked fine. No help. We’ve been out of the house for about 36 hours but furnace had been working properly prior. Started running thru possible problems. Everything was fine until I checked the fresh outside air intake

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I removed the ductwork to intake and found a recently dead squirrel. Removed it and replaced ductwork. Flipped off the breaker and back on a while later. For the past 5 hours it’s been only cold air and no ignition. Code 33 still flashing. Yes thermostat good. Yes new filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Need it done now

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/7/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The 33 flash code is an open high temp limit error.
There may be
several limits on the furnace.Below describes locations:
PRI***** *****MIT
The pri***** *****mit control is located on the partition panel and monitors
heat exchanger compartment temperatures. It is a normally closed
(electrically), automatic reset, temperature-activated sensor.
The limit guards against the overheating as a result of insufficient
conditioned air passing over the heat exchanger.
AUXILIARY LIMIT
The auxiliary limit control(s) are located on or near the circulator
blower and monitors heat exchanger compartment temperatures.
They are a normally-closed (electrically), manual-reset, temperature
activated sensors. These limits guard against overheating as a
result of insufficient conditioned air passing over the heat exchanger.
VENT DRAFGAURD
These would be located on the draft hood if you have one on your furnace.
ROLLOUT LIMIT
The rollout limit controls are mounted on the burner/manifold assembly
and monitor the burner flame. They are normally-closed
(electrically), manual-reset, temperature-activated sensors. These
limits guard against burner flames not being properly drawn into the
heat exchanger.
Lets start with the most simple and easy. Look near burners for limits with a little button in center.It will push in to reset.If none are tripped we will go from here. Let me know if you have a multi meter for troubleshooting.
http://i.imgur.com/CGkB9sa.jpg