HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Unable to power off at the thermostats after power outage.

Customer Question
Unable to power off...

Unable to power off at the thermostats after power outage. It is blank.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

There was a power outage and the unit stopped working. I have another unit, not Goodman, that started up after 30 min. By shutting it off at the termmostate and the panel.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes. How do I get the termmostate to show we something on the termmostate screen, it is currently blank, so I can shut off the unit both at the termmostate and the electrical panel.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Try this

Check batteries in thermostat

Check fuse on control board inside furnace.

It is Honeywell termostate unable to open for the battery check. Do you know how to open it.Did not know it had batteries.

There are so many models, take clear picture and attatch to file

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Can you send picture?