HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Whirlpool natural gas water heater Model

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a Whirlpool natural gas water heater Model FG1H4040T3NOV pilot will lite up but will not stay on after lit. Change thermocouple it is not loose. ???

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Abou 8 years old I think.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I do not thing so.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2018
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

Many of these units have what is called an eco which wires through the gas valve under the thermocouple fitting.

Can you post a pic of the gas valve so I can see if you have a remote eco?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer