HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Carrier Edge thermostat and it will not allow me to…

Customer Question
I have a Carrier...

I have a Carrier Edge thermostat and it will not allow me to set it in heat/cool mode for auto switch over

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I haven’t set for daily schedule I have one downstairs and it is set at the same daily schedule

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Filters are good

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The thermostat area year old

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The only reason I checked it was because we have company coming to stay
Anything yet?
3/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

The thermostat is most likely bad, but to be sure, pry it gently from its wall mount and hold it in your hand and get me the brand and model number from the back, I will get the manual for you

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I have the manual. Been thru it 10 times to be sure it is set. It is. It will set to heat or cool but not both

Many thermostats can be set to heat, OR cool but not both, post the brand and model number here and I will look into it for you