HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Thermostat does not show temp on heat setting. Fan turns on…

Customer Question
Thermostat does not show...

Thermostat does not show temp on heat setting. Fan turns on and it shows temp on ac setting.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All checked out.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tried a thermostat from a different heater and it acted the same way.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/6/2018
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 4 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you get to the wires to the thermostat and put the RED (RH) wire to the WHITE (W) wire does the heat turn on?

Nope
Next?

Then you have an issue with the furnace you would have to check the furnace for any error codes

your answer to my question is to "Call Me" for 24 dollars?

Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Yeah, I figured it was a peoblem with the furnace but this is an old furnace and has no error codes.

It would depend on the make and model of the furnace and the wiring diagram to see what the issue is.

Thanks for your time. I will get it figured out. Just thought I would try this system to see how it worked and now I know. By the way, how do you get your answers? Google it.

No I work on furnaces and AC units for a living so without a make, model of the unit I can not tell you a whole lot, so I am not sure about the google it comment as I was able to rule out the thermostat as the issue, but the I have no idea what system you have as nothing else was indicated.