HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Rheem RCBA-4882G that stopped blowing warm air -

Customer Question
Hi - I have...

Hi - I have a Rheem RCBA-4882G that stopped blowing warm air - just cool air.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It's a condo I bought a year ago and I just noticed the filter ON THE FLOOR. It hadn't been in for a year! Could that be an issue?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I could try if it's an easy fix

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is running fine - except for the cold air

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
This is probably not helpful, but while buying the condo last winter, during the house inspection we noticed the same problem and the previous owner had it fixed before we moved in. The condo had been mostly vacant for several months. We've been in it for about 2 months now (a year later) and the cool air issue started again. That's when I just noticed that whoever worked on it last winter left the filter out when putting it back together. So, it's been running without a filter that entire year (with minimal use until 2 months ago). Other than that, nothing to report.
3/6/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 5 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The RCBA is just the ac coil numbe.Is the unit an air handler or gas furnace?

air handler

OK now this is most likely connected to a heat pump which makes the heat.Give me model on outdoor unit and tell me if it comes on when calling for heat?

outdoor unit... let me check...
If I didn't answer earlier, the unit does turn on when I turn on the heat.
was there something else that you needed from me?

Sorry for the delay.Had a customer in office.

Feel of the large copper tubing at outdoor unt and tell me if it gets HOT to touch when calling for heat.

I had to leave the house. Sorry. I'll have to check back later. Thanks.

Just when convenient.Sorry about the delay..If not blowing warm the compressor may not be coming on, just the fan in outdoor unit.

ok, I'll check later. thanks again

THank you