HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have had a Peerless kitchen faucet for many years. it now…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a Peerless kitchen faucet for many years. it now leaks hot water slightly. Took the single handle off and unscrewed the valve. Looks iike the rubber insert has worn and should be replaced - particularly on the hot inlet side.. Should I also replace the stem with the valve ball. It looks OK after cleaning. What is the quickest source to order the black rubber valve inserts? Thanks Clark Griffiths

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

It has been going on for a month or so. It was leaking slightly a year ago and could be stopped by tightening the valve more. Not sure if I should tighten any more.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do. Am an engineer and do most all home repairs.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only the best source for the parts. At a minimum the black rubber valve seats

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
3/6/2018
HVAC Technician: Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor replied 6 months ago
Eddie
Eddie, Home Improvement Contractor

Hi ...........I would need more info the model that you have and what you replaced so far

If you could upload a couple of photos it would help out considerably

How to send a photo or file instructions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Thanks

eddie

I have responded to the co you suggested for parts and ordered the valve kit and the round ball shaft they showed on the web site. Assume this will solve the problem when it arrives. Thanks, ***** *****

okay good luck to you ...........and if ever you need anything else home improvement wise....... construction…….decorating...... or any kind of repairs etc....... please look for me ......it has been a pleasure

Customer/p>