HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Gibson KG7SC090D35C 92% afue upflow natural gas furnace.

Gibson KG7SC090D35C 92% afue...

Gibson KG7SC090D35C 92% afue upflow natural gas furnace. Furnace running normal heat cycle. Flame in burner goes out, fan runs constantly. Temporary solution reset flame roll out switch. Then furnace runs til switch kicks out again. To keep house warm took roll out switch out and put in jumper wire Is is safe to leave jumper wire? Presume week roll out switch/replace with same?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No, Are you saying it is a computer board relearn issue?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing additional to original explanation

3/4/2018
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

This is actually pretty dangerous. The roll out switch is one of the more important switches on this furnace.

This means the heat is being being washed backwards due to an obstruction or bad heat exchanger.

Bypassing this swiutch can lead to melted parts, possible fire and carbon monoxide. The reason they make this a push button is draw attention to it...unlike autoreset switches elsewhere.

I do not know what the failure is that is tripping the switch...BUT please have it checked and do not bypass.

Billy

We will put switch back in. We will start with new flame rollout switch. Thank you.

Thank you,

Just rate service to close for now. If new switch trips have heat exchanger inspected.

The rating system is at top of page.

Thank you,

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech