HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Oil at bleeder but none at nozzle. 2 days. I changed the oil…

Oil at bleeder but...

Oil at bleeder but none at nozzle

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

2 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I changed the oil pump and still the same problem

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Its a 2 pipe system
3/4/2018
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician

hi i am dan i can help you with this. if you are getting oil pressure out of the bleed valve and not out of the nozzle line then that means the pump is not building up enough pressure or if it is a clean cut pump the solenoid valve is not opening. what is the model of the burner and since it is a 2 pipe system did you install the bypass plug into the bottom of the pump when you replaced it?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the plug is in and i changed the pump off a working burner to mine and still no oil

ok what is the model of the burner or can you use the attach files button to upload a picture of your burner

ok thank you for that. since you get oil at the bleeder but not out of the nozzle line then the pump is not building up enough pressure. the most common reason for this is a restriction in the oil supply line. it could be the filter is very dirty, there is a clog in the oil line or a firomatic valve has closed. first, start with checking the oil filter and making sure the valves are open.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yea ive check the valve the pump screen is new and filter is new in tank

ok then the only other cause for a restriction would be in the oil supply line. to clear it you can use compressed air. turn the valve at the tank off, remove the filter element and reassemble the can, disconnect the supply line and connect the airline, open the valve at the tank and blow compressed air through the line back to the tank. 50-100 psi will be sufficient.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok i try all that and get back to you thanks

ok let me know after that

Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok its clear is it possible my motor or coupler is failing

that is possible if it is slipping the pump will not spin up to speed. the ends of them should have a flat part on them to engage on the shaft. over time the plastic can get rounded out and there will not be a flat on the end.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well i check coupler its ok.
It is possible the motor is weak and not turning at the right speed. You would need a tachometer to measure the rpm of the motor but if the oil line is clear and the coupling is good and you already replaced the pump then the only other thing it could be is the motor
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician